To provide a responsible voice and leadership to the Volunteer Fire Fighter of British Columbia, along with developing programs that reflect their needs, keeping in mind our obligations to further fire prevention training and education.
The purpose of the Society shall be:
- To promote fire prevention in all its forms within the Province of British Columbia.
- To provide its members with opportunities for area wide fire fighters co-operation, as well as training and education in fire prevention and fire fighting.
- To provide a medium for dissemination of information relative to all matters of interest to the members of the Society.
- To promote volunteer fire fighting and conduct such other activities as may be for the benefit of the members of the society.
- To enter into any agreement with any authorities, Civil, Local or otherwise, which may seem conducive to the attainment of the objects of the Society, or any of them, and to obtain from any such authorities any rights and privileges and concessions which the Society or its member departments may think desirable to obtain, and to carry out, exercise and comply with any such arrangements, rights, privileges and concessions.
- To confer and co-operate with other Organizations which concern themselves with fire prevention.